Staten Island Pest Control Termites
Staten Island Pest Control
Take a look at those stairs. That’s what termites can do if left untreated. And this isn’t even the worst of it. Without question, termites are one of the most dangerous and destructive pests you and your home will ever encounter. In fact, termite damage is estimated to be more than 1 billion dollars annually across the U.S. Unrelenting and insatiable, they will eat through wood, drywall and more, not until they’re full but until the food is gone. So stop feeding them now.
Of course, before you can treat for termites, you have to first know if you have them. So how can you tell if you do? For starters, here are a few clues to look for:
- Any cracked or bubbling paint or frass (termite droppings).
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
- Mud tubes on exterior walls, wooden beams, or in crawl spaces.
- A temporary swarm of winged insects in your home or from the soil around your home.
You see a termite: termite wings tend to be equal size; their antennae are straight and termite’s waists are thick.
Knowing their points of entry and how they live can help in identifying termite activity as well, so know that:
- Termites can live in colonies and create their own habitat in moist areas.
- Both subterranean and aboveground termite nests also function as water-gathering devices.
- Termites follow pipes and tree roots to gain entry into homes.
- Termites can also enter homes with just 1/32 of an inch opening.
They can cause damage in hidden area such as in crawl spaces, window frames and behind walls.
If you still need help assessing your termite situation, just give us a call to schedule a complete, professional home termite inspection. From top to bottom, in and out, we will thoroughly inspect your home and property (including crawlspaces and attics) then tell you if you have a termite issue, its extent and how to get rid of them.
And remember, we are here to help and always just a phone call away.